“Beaches & Bunkers” is a tour being offered by Robb Lucy, the son of a Canadian veteran, and will be led by Terry Copp, Professor Emeritus and Director of LCMSDS. The tour is for the sons and daughters, granddaughters and grandsons of the men who landed on Juno Beach who want to learn the story of our vets’ experience in 1944-45 while “playing the game our fathers and grandfathers loved.”
The tour will be held from 7 – 17 June 2014 and includes:
- A nine day tour of France, Belgium and Holland covering key ’39-’45 locations and battles – including Vimy Ridge – plus up to five games of golf
- On-the-ground guidance by Terry Copp
- Non-golfers will enjoy a day with Terry to Arnhem and “A Bridge Too Far”
- A copy of “The Canadian Battlefields in Normandy: A Visitor’s Guide”
- Free afternoons to wander key local sites
- Group dinners and meetings with local officials
- Golf clubs provided. Just bring your shoes and your favourite ‘can’t be lost’ ball!
- Connecting with 40+ like-minded Canadians who have a thirst to know what happened 70 years ago, who also love the game of golf
The full tour itinerary can be found at http://beachesandbunkerscanada.blogspot.ca/
This escorted tour is being arranged by Lloyds Travel of Vancouver B.C. (www.lloydstravel.com). The ‘land only’ fee is $3695 per person, double occupancy. Those wishing a single room, add $1087. Non-golfers subtract $450. $500 must be deposited by February 10 to secure your seat on this tour. If the tour does not fill up with 36 people, your deposit will be fully refunded. With a ‘go’, the balance must be paid by March 1, 2014.
For more information on travel and costs, please email [email protected] or call Blair at 1-800-800-7252 (#103). For more information contact Robb Lucy at [email protected] or Terry Copp at [email protected]
This article was made possible by the hard work of our staff and especially our student-volunteers. Please consider supporting our work by clicking here.