Ishmael Beah, a former child soldier, examines the Kony 2012 internet phenomenon, its impact, and the integrity of the campaign. Beah argues that in order for genuine change to take place, a greater understanding of the geography, history, and complexity of the situation must be obtained.
- Book Review: “Backs to the Wall: The Battle of SainteFoy and the Conquest of Canada” by D. Peter MacLeod
- Book Review: The Fear of Invasion: Strategy, Politics, and British War Planning, 1880-1914 by David G. Morgan-Owen
- Book Review: Empire of Guns: The Violent Making of the Industrial Revolution by Priya Satia
- Announcement: Making the Best of It, Edited by Sarah Glassford and Amy Shaw, Published by UBC Press
- Is the Net Mightier than the Nuke?: Cyber Warfare, Nuclear Deterrence and Global Stability