A fascinating look by Sian Price on at letters from the front. The collection features 70 letters chosen from more than 30 000 letters she read in more than 10 different countries including Canada, the US, Britain, Australia, Wales and New Zealand. In an Interview with the Daily Mail, the Welsh Historian said ‘The common theme that binds them all is love. Almost all the letters from the whole 300 years express the writer’s love for someone, whether it is their wife, mother or children.” Watch the Interview below.
- Call for Papers: Submissions to the CDA Institute On Track Publications
- On War & Society: Disaster in Halifax, 1917 with Roger Sarty
- Now available: David O’Keefe’s Seven Days in Hell
- On War & Society E37: Reclaiming Canada’s Second World War with Tim Cook
- Book Review: Thunder in the Skies: A Canadian Gunner in the Great War by Derek Grout