A fascinating look by Sian Price on at letters from the front. The collection features 70 letters chosen from more than 30 000 letters she read in more than 10 different countries including Canada, the US, Britain, Australia, Wales and New Zealand. In an Interview with the Daily Mail, the Welsh Historian said ‘The common theme that binds them all is love. Almost all the letters from the whole 300 years express the writer’s love for someone, whether it is their wife, mother or children.” Watch the Interview below.
- Book Review: The British Commonwealth and Victory in the Second World War by Iain E. Johnston-White
- On War & Society Special Video Edition, Part 2: Edward Cecil-Smith and the Spanish Civil War with Tyler Wentzell
- On War & Society E35: Writing Public History with Tim Cook
- Great Battles in History podcast: The Battle of Cannae (New Episode)
- Book Review: Flying to Victory by Mike Bechthold