A fascinating look by Sian Price on at letters from the front. The collection features 70 letters chosen from more than 30 000 letters she read in more than 10 different countries including Canada, the US, Britain, Australia, Wales and New Zealand. In an Interview with the Daily Mail, the Welsh Historian said ‘The common theme that binds them all is love. Almost all the letters from the whole 300 years express the writer’s love for someone, whether it is their wife, mother or children.” Watch the Interview below.
- Underestimated leadership: Assessment of Harry Crerar’s competency during WWII
- Register Now for the 31st Canadian Military History Colloquium
- On War & Society podcast: A War of Emotions with Lucy Noakes
- Call for Papers: Submissions to the Cape Breton Highlanders Conference on Military and Social History
- The Canadians who Captured the First Tiger Tanks where No Canadian Forces Fought, Part III