A fascinating look by Sian Price on at letters from the front. The collection features 70 letters chosen from more than 30 000 letters she read in more than 10 different countries including Canada, the US, Britain, Australia, Wales and New Zealand. In an Interview with the Daily Mail, the Welsh Historian said ‘The common theme that binds them all is love. Almost all the letters from the whole 300 years express the writer’s love for someone, whether it is their wife, mother or children.” Watch the Interview below.
- Book Review: “Backs to the Wall: The Battle of SainteFoy and the Conquest of Canada” by D. Peter MacLeod
- Book Review: The Fear of Invasion: Strategy, Politics, and British War Planning, 1880-1914 by David G. Morgan-Owen
- Book Review: Empire of Guns: The Violent Making of the Industrial Revolution by Priya Satia
- Announcement: Making the Best of It, Edited by Sarah Glassford and Amy Shaw, Published by UBC Press
- Is the Net Mightier than the Nuke?: Cyber Warfare, Nuclear Deterrence and Global Stability